Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Divine Destination (week 2)


In January of 2000, leaders in Charlotte, North Carolina, invited one of their most famous residents of all time, Dr Billy Graham, the world-reowned evangelist, to an event in his honor. Dr. Graham was hesitant to accept because of his battle with parkinson's Disease, but he finally agreed to attend.

After many wonderful things were said about him, Dr. Graham stepped to the podium and said,"Albert Einstein, the great physicist, was once traveling by train from Princeton when the conductor came by to check the tickets of each passengers. When Dr. Einstein reached in his vest pocket, he coundn't find his ticket. Then he looked through his trouser pockets. He looked in his briefcase, then in the seat beside him. No ticket!

"The conductor said, 'Dr.Einstein, I know who you are. We all know who you are. i'm sure you bought a ticket. Don't worry about it. 'Einstein nodded appreciatively.

"The conductor continued down the aisle checking tickets. About to move to the next car, he saw Dr. Einstein on his hands and knees looking under his seat for his ticket. The conductor rushed back and said, 'Dr. Einstein, don't worry, I know who you are. You don't need a ticket. 'Einstein looked up at him and said, 'Young man, I too, know who I am. What I don't know is where I'm going.'"

Dr. Graham continued, "See this brand new suit I'm wearing? My family is telling me I've gotten a little messy in my old age. I used to be a bit more particular. So i bought a new suit in for this event and one more occasion. You know what the occasion is? This is the suit in which I'll be buried. But when you hear I'm dead, I don't want you to remember this suit. I want you to remember this : I not only know who I am ... I also know where I'm going."

Read Peter 1 : 3-9

If Peter can say with confidence that we can know we have salvation and Dr. Graham can say with confidence he know where he is going, then you can too. How do we know? Because God gives each person that same opportunity.

What about you? Do you know for certain where you going when you die? Have you ever come to the place where you have invited Jesus Christ to be the Lord and Savior of your life? If you know for certain today that you have, spend a few minutes thanking Him for that assurance. If you know Christ, you can know who you are and where you going!

Ivan : Sorry for the delay of week 2 devotion due to my complex time =x

No comments:

Post a Comment