Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Heroes Camp 09



Another National Baptist Youth Camp for this year 2009 in Peace Haven, Genting Highland. Well, It was a great camp although the game and worship is just average but I rate this Camp as 4 out of 5 because the message is wonderful. It's a camp I get to mixed around with a lot of people and a camp which have the strongest message been brought ever. It might be my last youth camp because my age is starting to get older and I'm no longer a youth anymore - is a sad thing. But I hope that my youth spirit will never fades so that I am able to serve God with great passion and zealousness. God had never failed to use camps to draw me back to His presence and through this camp I am equip intensely with the Holy Spirit. Is my great pleasure to meet Pastor Victor Wong the camp speaker, SIB church youth pastor who really understands the youth's life. The message he brought out is clearly precise, understandable, interesting to youth's life and funny. I guess there's not even one who does not pay attention when he talks.

Although there's many unexpected mishap occur as Satan is working behind this camp - worship discruption, uncooperative youth, items stolen, quarrels and mismanagement but somehow the message is effective enough for us to defend ourselves against Satan's plans. Our faith before God had never be distracted, we learned to handle our dissapointment, our failures and to forgive. One of the sermom mentioned Failures is not final, is just a beginning, is just an experiment. No matter what's the past is, our failures is, we learned our mistake and look forward to our lifes. Its the matter of how much we trust God to handle our failures?

About the world game, is something realistic in what's happening in our world today. And I'm been voted as group leader again - the president of Iran *sigh*. Iran the 2nd world countries which also can said under devopling countries. Iran is weak in military, high death rate, muslim country and oil manufacture country. Indeed we all felt unfair because we picked a undesired country which we belong to and some under a great wealth countries like USA. Well, after all I been glad I'm Iranian because no body attacks us because we are low profile country. Muahahahaha. As time goes by, disasters, crisis and wars occurs in different country. Strong countries will try to strengthen their arm forces and militaries just to compete for great power and authority to rule the world and I just sitting down there watching nuclears bomb here and there while the poor countries are begging for money and help but no one meet their needs. Some countries wants to declare peace but some wants war because of authority. Even a game, people are greedy and desire more power or wealth. What more we can said about our world? Wars and disaster will soon happen to our world and is time for us to stand up as Heroes of Christ!

Through this game, I learned two important points. First, we may felt life is unfair at the beginning but at the end we will see God makes everyone's life fair. Second, the wealth of the earth is enough to satisfy all the people but it could not satisfy a person's greed. I have one thought that is what if everyone give out their wealth and distribute equally to all the people on earth, I believe one people have enough money to live and even drive Honda Civic. Interesting?

The second day's message touches me the most and had make clear of 'Who is My Hero?'. When we think of a hero, is mostly with a cool or handsome look, with supernatural power, is undying, is brave and etc - which made us left out our greatest Hero Jesus in our lifes. He who humbly died for our sins and the Healer of all sickness. Surely there's no hero like Him who sacrifice his life for us. My tears felt and my head bowed, I make a commitment with God that 'You are my Hero and I want to stand up as hero in where I am living. There are many people searching and crying out for a hero so let this hero be me as a representative and behalf of Jesus Christ my Hero. Amen'.

I believe there's many more youth had been touched in this camp and many had made a commitment with God. I saw the blind had finally see the greatness of God, those who can't let go their failures had put their trust in God and look forward to their life. I want to end with my blog a statement by Albert Einstein. 'It is not dangerous for those who brought harm to the world but is more dangerous for those who seated down and do nothing'. Are you the one who is realaxing and do nothing for the people in need? I write this blog is just to challenge you today.

IS TIME TO STAND UP AS A HERO TODAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment