Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Gr-attitude


An elderly woman stood on a ledge outside a window on the top floor of a skyscraper.A police officer eased his way to her side and discovered from talking to her that her husband had recently died. "I'm sorry that you have such horrible children," he said. She replied, "You don't know what you're talking about! I have wonderful children!""Oh", he said. "Well, I'm sorry that your grandchildren don't love you.""My grandchildren do love me!" she shot back. "Then, I'm sorry that you don't have a home to live in.""But, I have a beautiful home.""Ma'am," he asked, "then why are you standing out here?" As she reached toward him, she answered, "I guess because I had forgotten how much I have to be thakful for."

How do you handle bad moods or tough circumstances? Do they affect your attitude and perspective? Do they affect your relationships with others?

Memorize "Be joyful always, pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5 : 16 - 18.

If the Bible commands us to "be joyful always" and to "give thanks in all circumstances," then we must have some control over our moods. The facts is, being joyful is a choice, as is staying in a bad mood, no matter what caused it! Choosing to be negative, critical, or irritable is to disobey God's command in these verses.

Make a list of the things that usually put you in a bad mood. Write "joyful" and "thankful" across that list to tell yourself the new choice you will be praying for anf trying to make through Christ's strength. The next time you feel that grumpy mood closing in, smile, and ask for Christ for His joy =).

No comments:

Post a Comment